Rail transport engineering is a source of constantly new challenges. The market requires design at the limit of technical feasibility, while expecting low weight of rolling stock, long-term durability and at the same time high vibroacoustic and thermal comfort. Our engineers have already faced a variety of problems in rail vehicles, including the high speed train sector for the Italian and Chinese markets.
The scope of our competence includes strength calculations for steel and aluminum vehicles:
- static and fatigue analysis of trains according to EN 12663: 2010,
- analysis of welded joints based on the requirements of DVS and Eurocode rules,
- checking the screw connections,
- frequency and shock response analysis,
- buckling analysis of carbody,
- analysis of equipment attachments supports,
- crash analysis,
- topology, topografy and size optimazation of whole carbodies or particular equipment components.